UCANDANCE has celebrated 21 years of operation and has become the home to our much loved community and dance families.
Our passion is to inspire and nurture the varying needs of students. We endeavor to produce technically trained all round dancers and performers in a fun, passionate, inclusive and caring environment.
We aim to provide high quality training and performance opportunities for all students. With qualified, experienced & industry professional teachers, our team is passionate about providing a positive & memorable experience to our dance family.
At UCANDANCE we believe every dancer has boundless potential. See what DREAMS can emerge when you become a part of our TEAM
DREAM IT. DANCE IT. DO IT.
We are a Child Safe Organisation committed to the safety of the children in our care.
We are committed to sharing good practice and contributing to the growth of our wonderful industry.
Our fully equipped Studio is located in the centre of Shepparton’s Maude St Mall. Our home includes 4 Studios, Singing Studio, Student waiting area, Safe Dance flooring, Mirrors & Barres.
AT OUR STUDIO WE VALUE
• Our children and their families
• Strong leadership, embedding and prioritising a culture of child safety in the organisation
• Safe dance practices including proper warm ups, injury prevention, fitness, nutritional advice, anatomy, injuries, technique and first aid
• Our policies and code of conduct
• Staff training and development
• Fair and nurturing teachers who maintain calm and mutually respectful environments
• Communication with our families
• Robust HR policies and procedures
• The prevention of child abuse
• Inclusion, equality and diversity
• Supporting a child’s emotional, physical and psychological development
• Age appropriate music, costumes and choreography
• The achievements of students
• Well prepared and organised classes
• Staff training and professional development
• Safe online and physical environments
• Safe spaces
• The views and concerns of our children and families
• The freedom of our students to explore and develop through external opportunities
• The support of sick and/or injured children
• Safe teaching practices. not forcing students to perform movements outside of their
skill level or that are not age appropriate
• Positive body image and celebrating all children for who they are
• Opportunities for students wanting to further develop their skills without comparing them to other students who are happy and comfortable where they are at
• The Dance industry as a whole